"Coral Oaks Tennis Club, run by a lemony little one-time park pro named Leo Fullwood, whose specialty is the teaching of spin. Leo labored on the public and private courts of Dade County for 28 years, suffering the erratic backhands of his pupils and ennui from the Florida sun that turned his skin to cork. He then scraped together $1,000 and began to build—a bucket of clay at a time—his dream club"
"Love of tennis brought Alan Raff to Coral Oaks, and he later become the Chairman and principal owner of the club. He played almost every morning with his group who lovingly refer to themselves as the “Dumbheads”.
- Miami Herald
- Photo of Ferdinand and Barbara Phillips courtesy of History Miami Museum
In 2023 Coral Oaks began envisioning a number of enhancements, including:
• Significant improvements and diversification of court surfaces and courtside amenities
• Development of state-of-the-art padel and pickleball facilities
• New member recreation areas, including an outdoor entertainment area and new food and beverage offerings
• Enhancements to the natural beauty of the property with a unique hanging garden shade structure and a grounds beautification project